Have you tried making cold brew coffee at home? It's a simple process that can result in a smooth and delicious cup of coffee, and it's perfect for those hot summer days when you want to enjoy your caffeine fix without the heat.
To get started, you'll need our Nicaragua medium roast coffee beans. These beans are grown by smallholder farmers in Molino Norte, Nicaragua, and have a unique flavor profile with hints of cocoa, floral, and citrus tones. This medium roast blend of yellow and red CAtuai, Catimor & Parainema varieties, grown in the region of Molino Norte, Matagalpa at an altitude of 900-1590 M, makes for an excellent cold brew coffee.
The cold brewing process extracts fewer bitter compounds than hot brewing, resulting in a smoother and less acidic cup of coffee. Here's how to make it:
- Grind 1 cup of Alpha Forge Nicaragua medium roast coffee beans into a coarse grind.
- Add the ground coffee to a large pitcher or jar.
- Pour 4 cups of cold, filtered water over the coffee grounds.
- Stir the mixture until the coffee grounds are fully saturated.
- Cover the pitcher or jar with a lid or plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
- After the brewing process, strain the coffee through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a clean pitcher or jar.
- Serve over ice with your choice of cream, milk, or sweetener.
You'll notice that our Nicaragua medium roast coffee beans have a deliciously smooth and rich flavor when brewed cold. It's the perfect beverage to enjoy on a hot summer day, and it also pairs well with your favorite sweet treats.
Experience the taste of Nicaragua in every sip of our cold brew coffee. Order now and enjoy the unique flavor profile of our medium roast coffee beans, grown with care by smallholder farmers in Molino Norte, Nicaragua.